Annual General Meetings
Video message from the Group Chair
Results of the Annual General Meeting held on 15 July 2020
The Directors are pleased to announce that the shareholders of Severn Trent Plc passed all the resolutions that were proposed at this year’s Annual General Meeting, as set out in the Notice of Annual General Meeting dated 19 May 2020.
All of the Resolutions were passed at the Meeting on a poll. The total number of votes received for each resolution is set out in the Poll Results.
Resolutions 1 to 16 were passed as ordinary resolutions and resolutions 17 to 20 were passed as special resolutions.
In accordance with Listing Rules 9.6.1 and 9.6.2, a copy of the resolutions passed at the Meeting, other than resolutions concerning ordinary business, will be submitted to the UK Listing Authority and will shortly be available for inspection at the National Storage Mechanism.
In total, 73% of the issued share capital, excluding shares held in treasury, was voted and the percentages shown are rounded to two decimal places.
Directors responsibility statement
The Directors are responsible for preparing the Annual Report and the financial statements in accordance with applicable law and regulations. Company law requires the Directors to prepare financial statements for each financial year. Under that law the Directors are required to prepare the Group financial statements in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards ('IFRSs') as adopted by the European Union and Article 4 of the IAS Regulation and have elected to prepare the Company financial statements in accordance with United Kingdom Generally Accepted Practice (United Kingdom Accounting Standards and applicable law) including FRS101 'Reduced Disclosure Framework'. Under company law the Directors must not approve the accounts unless they are satisfied that they give a true and fair view of the state of affairs of the Company and of the profit or loss of the Company for that period.
In preparing the parent company financial statements, the Directors are required to:
- select suitable accounting policies and then apply them consistently;
- make judgements and accounting estimates that are reasonable and prudent;
- state whether applicable UK Accounting Standards have been followed, subject to any material departures disclosed and explained in the financial statements; and
- prepare the financial statements on the Going Concern basis unless it is inappropriate to presume that the Company will continue in business.
In preparing the Group financial statements, International Accounting Standard 1 requires that Directors:
- properly select and apply accounting policies;
- present information, including accounting policies, in a manner that provides relevant, reliable, comparable and understandable information;
- provide additional disclosures when compliance with the specific requirements in IFRSs are insufficient to enable users to understand the impact of particular transactions, other events and conditions on the entity's financial position and financial performance; and
- make an assessment of the Company's ability to continue as a Going Concern.
The Directors are responsible for keeping adequate accounting records that are sufficient to show and explain the Company's transactions and disclose with reasonable accuracy at any time the financial position of the Company and enable them to ensure that the financial statements comply with the Companies Act 2006. They are also responsible for safeguarding the assets of the Company and hence for taking reasonable steps for the prevention and detection of fraud and other irregularities.
The Directors are responsible for the maintenance and integrity of the corporate and financial information included on the Company's website. Legislation in the UK governing the preparation and dissemination of financial statements may differ from legislation in other jurisdictions.
Each of the Directors confirm that to the best of their knowledge:
- the financial statements, prepared in accordance with the relevant financial reporting framework, give a true and fair view of the assets, liabilities, financial position and profit or loss of the Company and the undertakings included in the consolidation taken as a whole;
- the Strategic report includes a fair review of the development and performance of the business and the position of the Company and the undertakings included in the consolidation taken as a whole, together with a description of the principal risks and uncertainties that they face; and
- the Annual Report and financial statements, taken as a whole, are fair, balanced and understandable and provide the information necessary for shareholders to assess the Company's position and performance, business model and strategy.
Documents relating to AGMs
|Severn Trent PLC Annual Report and Accounts 2016||View and download PDF|
|Severn Trent Water Annual Report and Accounts 2016||View and download PDF
|Poll results 2016||View and download PDF
|Notice of Annual General Meeting 2016||View and download PDF
|Poll results 2015||View and download PDF|
|Notice of Annual General Meeting 2015||View and download PDF|
|Poll results 2014||View and download PDF|
|Notice of Annual General Meeting 2014||View and download PDF|
|Poll results 2013||View and download PDF|
|Notice of Annual General Meeting 2013||View and download PDF|
|Poll results 2012||View and download PDF|
|Notice of Annual General Meeting 2012||View and download PDF|