Double recognition for Severn Trent's ESG performance
Friday 11th March 2022
Severn Trent has been named among the top companies around the globe for its environmental, social and governance (ESG) performance.
The water and waste company has recently been upgraded to an ‘AA’ rating by leading research and analytics company MSCI.
This prestigious rating comes as Sustainalytics – a global ESG research and data organisation awarded Severn Trent ‘Top Rated’ status, placing it as one of the best water and waste companies in this space.
Richard Eadie, Head of Sustainability at Severn Trent, said: “Being recognised by two credible third party experts in MCSI and Sustainalytics is a really proud moment for Severn Trent. We’re always striving to do better and will continue to do so in order to remain among the global best in sustainability - doing the right thing for our customers, the communities we serve and for the wider environment.”
Severn Trent has been consistently celebrated for its ESG performance over the past 12 months, gaining recognition for its role in diversity and inclusion and protecting the environment;
- Hailed a global leader for gender equality in the 2022 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index (GEI) for the third consecutive year
- Earned a place as a leading company on the Carbon Disclosure Project’s (CDP) 2021 Supplier Engagement Leaderboard
- One of the first companies to sign up to the Carbon Trust’s new Route to Net Zero Standard
- Reduced the pay gap between women and men at Severn Trent for the fifth consecutive year
- Acknowledged as Gold Award employer and placing in the Top 50 companies by the Stonewall workplace equality Index for approach to LGBTQ+ inclusion
- Secured a place on the prestigious ‘A list’ by the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) – a global non-for-profit charity which aims to guide, incentivise and assess environmental action
- Claimed a place in the top 10 in the latest Social Mobility Employer Index, coming in 5th - up three places on the year before
- Ranked first in the Tortoise Responsibility100 Index - a league table that measures the environmental, social and ethical performance of the FTSE 100.