Gate 1 Process and Results
The first stage of the RAPID process for agreeing the SROs is called ‘Gate One’. At this stage, we must demonstrate each strategic solution’s progress and viability. This involves setting out plans for delivering the proposed solution, including early conceptual outline designs alongside strategies for engaging stakeholders, gaining planning permission and for procuring and operating the new infrastructure.
It is important to note that all our strategic solutions are in their early stages, with key details such as site selection and early concept designs still being progressed.
Below you will find the four Gate 1 reports that were submitted to RAPID in July 2021 and the one submitted in December 2021, the draft decisions made by RAPID and the queries that we answered on the first four plans as part of the process.
- River Severn to River Thames Transfer cover letter assurance
- Gate 1 submission - Grand Union Canal Transfer
- Gate 1 submission - Minworth Strategic Resource Option
- Gate 1 submission - Severn Trent Sources
- Gate 1 submission - River Severn to River Thames Transfer
- Gate 1 submission - Upper Derwent Valley Reservoir Expansion
RAPID has published its draft decisions on the first four SROs on the Ofwat website here.
All of the first four Severn Trent sponsored schemes have been recommended for continuation to Gate 2. This means that work will now continue to develop each of the options in more detail. Gate 2 reports will be produced and submitted to RAPID in October 2022.