Undergraduate - Summer Placement - Finance- Closed
You’ll be more than a spectator. Treated as a colleague, you’ll work side-by-side with our teams on live projects and confront the challenges that deregulation, increased investment and a growing customer base bring to our business.
Duration: Twelve weeks
Collaborating with experts and leaders from our four core departments – Business Information, Planning & Performance, the Financial Services Centre, and our Group Technical Areas – you’ll:
- Find out how a FTSE 100 company, with over eight million customers, operates
- Learn in-depth about complex, shifting regulatory frameworks
- Be mentored by our financial experts and shadow them at work
- Work with our operational leaders to understand costs and create savings
Over the past few years, our summer Finance interns have worked on a range of critical projects, including developing detailed treasury reports, building and implementing management systems, reviewing and creating new processes for recording asset purchases and redesigning our invoicing strategy.
Our Summer Placement isn’t just a window into our world – it’s a gateway into a career at Severn Trent. At the conclusion of the placement, you can expect to have:
- Learned about our different financial functions in-depth
- Gained practical experience in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Worked on a diverse selection of projects and made a substantive contribution to their outcome
- Have taken the first steps towards becoming a Chartered Accountant
- Be considered for a permanent position
With new markets opening up, a shifting climate and increasing urbanisation, the pace of change in the water industry is increasing rapidly – we’re looking for people who can actively help us to keep up with the current.
You’ll need to be:
- Working towards a degree, in any discipline
- Comfortable communicating with non-finance professionals and telling stories through numbers
- Able to digest information and use it to make effective business decisions.
- Curious and analytical with a passion for finance.
Thank you for your interest in our Undergraduate Summer Placement - Finance programme. Due to the high interest surrounding these roles, we are now closed for new applications for our 2018 roles.
Though we still have a number of roles available for our other programmes, return to our graduate pages to find out about our other great opportunities.