Undergraduate Year Placement- Engineering
These placements will show you how we do it. Here as an Undergraduate Engineer, you’ll help us to design and build infrastructure and solutions that will leave a lasting legacy – and change lives in the process.
Duration: Twelve weeks for Summer Placement or forty-eight weeks for Year-long Placement
Our minimum 48-week Year-long Placement will show you fluid thinking in action, as you work alongside highly-experienced Engineers, Technical Experts and Business Leaders, with the ability to approach complex challenges from multiple angles. At the same time, you’ll:
- Establish our legacy by preserving and adding to our unique Victorian infrastructure
- Participate in life-changing programmes of work that effect thousands of people, every day
- Support and manage your own projects
- Collaborate with consultants and contractors from across the business
- Be mentored by our experts on a daily basis
Over forty-eight weeks , these placements will put you at the heart of an ambitious asset rebuild, where you’ll confront issues like an increasingly volatile climate and growing urbanisation. Wherever you choose to go next, you’ll have gained a breadth of knowledge, skills and insight that will enable you to overcome a wide range of professional challenges.
If you enjoy your experience with us, and you’re completing your final year of study – or have already obtained your Undergraduate degree – you’ll also be eligible to apply for our Graduate Engineering Programme.
To help us achieve our vision, we want people who are willing to learn and able to work with people from across our business. For these placements, you’ll need to:
- Be working towards an accredited Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical or Civil Engineering degree
- Show initiative and confidence, with the ability to find solutions to complex problems
- Know how to think strategically and establish strong relationships
- Be able to travel to different locations
We are now only accepting new applications for Civil & Electrical Engineers at this time as we are undertaking our assessment centres for this programme.
All applications that are currently in process will continue to be reviewed