Thank you for your interest in this programme. Please note that applications for this programme are now closed. Updates to this site will be made should further vacancies on this programme be identified.
Cyber Security Graduate Programme
Think of water and you probably think of us. We’re one of the largest regulated water companies across England and Wales. Severn Trent runs through the heart of the UK, providing essential services from the Bristol Channel to the Humber, and from Shropshire to the East Midlands.
Our purpose is to deliver one of life’s essentials, and our teams are dedicated to maintaining the flow of water to and from our customers’ homes. We’re continually investing in our people and infrastructure, so everyone can tap into the wonderful water we provide well into the future.
That continual investment includes the protection of our customer data, and we protect our assets to ensure the continuous delivery of a high-quality service, in a safe and secure environment, across our communities.
Our information security team
The Information Security Team make a significant contribution in achieving our purpose, through protecting our customers and our colleagues from a wide-range of cyber security threats. Our highly talented Information Security Team are recognised by public and private organisations alike, as they share best practices of information security with these stakeholders on a regular basis.
Our Information Security Graduate Programme provides a unique opportunity to join our fast growing and experienced team, where you’ll to learn how to effectively protect our information and assets, through the technical and professional training on offer.
The Information Security Graduate Programme will be based within the Technology Department at the Severn Trent Centre, in the heart of Coventry City Centre. With excellent transport links to the city, we’re only a short walk away from rail and bus stations, and with around 1500 members of staff on site, we’re proud of the facilities on offer for our staff on site.
What's on offer
During the 2-year programme, you’ll develop expertise in some of the following areas -
- Detection and mitigation of cyber security threats, also monitoring and responding to remedial actions
- Effective management of cyber security incidents, including the development and testing of playbooks and incident response plans
- Creation and implementation of cyber security standards, policies and processes
- Championing the Information Security Graduate Programme – ensuring there is compliance against our standards by our employees and the wider supply chain
- Effective communication with all stakeholders in Severn Trent, in relation to security issues arising from projects, changes and applications
- Ensuring the effective management of digital identities used within the organisation and associated access rights to the data we hold
What we are looking for
Don’t worry, you don’t have to come into the role knowing everything, but what is important is an interest in technology, and an underlying characteristic to understand cyber security. This includes the ability to learn from others, and apply your skills to new, and sometimes time-critical issues.
Applications are welcome from across all disciplines, though a STEM discipline is preferred.