HR Consultant, Level 5 Apprenticeship - Closed
HR - People are at the heart of what makes this company great and we're here to help you on your own career path and to support our senior leadership teams to deliver our people strategy.
Engaging and inspiring our people to give their best days work is a fundamental part of our people strategy. We advise both employees and managers on a whole range of topics and scenarios.
Our organisational purpose is to provide ‘one of life’s essentials’, and our people are key in delivering this. We embrace the values of ‘Courage’ ‘Taking Pride’, ‘Embracing Curiosity’ and ‘Showing Care’. Living and breathing our values help our teams be the best they can be and making Severn Trent a truly awesome place to work.
With over 6,500 employees across the Severn Trent organisation our Human Resources function helps support the whole employee lifecycle covering; resourcing, learning & development, pay & reward and employee operations.
As an apprentice HR Consultant you’ll be exposed to a wide range of opportunities through tailored placements across these functions to help you develop your HR generalist experience.
To develop core knowledge, your initial placement will be a role in our HR Hub which provides HR administration support, first line advice and payroll activities across Severn Trent. Alongside this you will be working with Senior HR colleagues to advise on current processes and advise managers on policy and procedures to ensure best practice.
Through training and guidance, responsibilities will include:
Delivery of a 1st class HR administration and first level advisory service across the business on all areas within an employee life cycle including but not limited to:
- Resolving employee and line manager queries, or escalate as appropriate
- Provide support to our data and analytics team to ensure that daily, weekly and monthly reporting is delivered as per our yearly cycle
- Support the annual pay review, bonus and other projects or associated administrative processes as required
- Maintenance of employee database & administration processes
- Manage & support administration across areas including employee change programmes, pay and benefits, and learning and development
- Management of employee administration related documentation and employee lifecycle processes ensuring end to end process maps are maintained
- Liaison with or escalation to HR Advisers, third party suppliers and internal stakeholders
Following the initial placement, you’ll embark on a series of shorter placements across the rest of the HR function.
Our apprenticeships are development programmes, and based on the learning completed, candidates do not require previous experience.
Your initial and rotation placements will allow you to develop the skills and experience that you’ll require to become an expert here, either through working in operational teams or on technical projects. During this time, you’ll combine on-the-job learning with formal, nationally recognised development training modules and have the opportunity to gain a CIPD Level 5 qualification.
To help you drive and own your career progression, we’ll provide you with your own development plan. This will be set and agreed with your line manager and reviewed regularly as part of your performance reviews.
In addition, you’ll be someone who;
- Has a drive to learn, enabling you to support the delivery of quality insight and management information to our colleagues
- Technology - With an interest in the use of technology, you’ll demonstrate an ability to format data and convey complex information clearly and concisely
- Effective communication and influencing skills and a proven track record of successful stakeholder management
- Confident expressing ideas in the presence of stakeholders, colleagues and partners
- Adaptable - You’ll be able to respond to changing priorities, managing numerous stakeholders with conflicting requirements, deadlines and priorities
- Collaborative – You’ll be someone who is happy to develop and maintain credibility, expertise and knowledge through effective internal and external networking
- Strong personal resilience to remain motivated and focused
- Growth - A continuous improvement mind-set
What we're looking for;
- 5 GCSEs, including Mathematics & English - grade C or above (or equivalent);
- 3 A Levels (or equivalent) - minimum grade C
- Level 3 Human Resources apprenticeship or equivalent qualification or work based training