Apprentice HR Consultant Level 5
Apprenticeship Programme: HR Consultant
Apprenticeship Level: 5 Higher
Equivalent to: Full Degree
Programme Duration: 3 years
What you'll be doing
As an apprentice HR Consultant you’ll be exposed to a wide range of opportunities through tailored placements across the following functions to help you develop your HR generalist experience:
HR Operations & Reward, Resourcing & New Talent, The Academy, HR Business Partnering & Change as well as Internal and External Communications.
You'll be supporting colleagues to help create a fair and equitable working environment where everyone can succeed by;
- Providing advice, guidance and support to our colleagues when they need it most
- Developing data and analytics that drive valuable insight and decision making
- Supporting our annual employee cycle of activities (such as pay review, bonus, performance and talent reviews etc)
- Enabling and supporting our colleagues through business change and transformation
- Attracting, selecting and on-boarding talented individuals to Severn Trent so we can deliver on our customer promises
- Partnering with leadership teams to continue to improve employee engagement
- Help our colleagues to continue to grow, learn and develop new skills through our brand new Academy
- Delivering on our diversity and inclusion ambition, to have a workforce that reflects the communities we serve
You’ll rotate across a number of different areas of the HR & Communications team throughout your apprenticeship programme to help you build a breadth of knowledge, skills and experience.
Salary: the starting salary for this programme is £16,807.
How we'll support you
Training and Development
Our rotational placements will allow you to develop the skills and experience that you’ll require to become a HR Professional. During this time, you’ll combine on-the-job learning with formal, nationally recognised development training modules to gain a level 5 qualification.
To help you drive and own your career progression, you’ll be supported by your Line Manager and/or Mentor to create your own personal development plan, which will be reviewed regularly in performance reviews.
This apprenticeship follows the apprenticeship standards set out by the Institute of Apprenticeships.
The skills applicants need
We’re looking for people who’ll demonstrate curiosity. You’ll be able to grasp and learn things quickly, learning from your own and others experience, to improve performance in the future. You’ll be someone who is motivated by a strong desire to succeed and excel in each of your placements, taking pride and ownership of appropriate tasks and actions, knowing that what you do, makes a difference to our customers.
With a variety of placements and experiences during your apprenticeship, you’ll be someone who enjoys taking an analytical approach to analysing information from various sources, using this knowledge to inform robust solutions and decisions, demonstrating courage to see tasks through in their entirety. As a HR function we have a duty of care for all employees across our business. You’ll be someone who is genuinely interested in people, seeking to understand their drivers, needs and expectations.
Wonderful for all
We’re building an inclusive company that reflects the communities we serve. Together we’ve created a culture that encourages all of our people to approach every single day as an opportunity to do something better.
Our most ambitious goals depend on forward-thinking ideas, no matter who they come from. As employers, we welcome and celebrate people from all walks of life and want people to feel like they can bring their true self to work.