Human Resources Consultant - Higher Apprenticeship - Closed
We live in a fluid world and we’re a FTSE 100 company moving with the current, our vision is to become the UK’s leading Water Company. Achieving it will take, what we call, Fluid Thinking. As a Human Resources Consultant Apprentice you’ll get a unique insight into the way one of the UK’s biggest businesses functions, as well as how we adapt to rapid, large-scale changes.
With over 6,000 employees across the Severn Trent organisation our Human Resources function helps support the whole employee lifecycle covering; Resourcing, Total Reward, Organisation Development and HR Operations. As an apprentice HR Consultant you’ll be exposed to a wide range of opportunities through tailored placements across these functions to help you develop your HR generalist experience.
Your initial placement will be a role in our HR Hub which provides HR administration support, first line advice and payroll activities across the Severn Trent business. Alongside this you will be working with Senior HR colleagues to advise on current processes and advise managers on policy and procedures to ensure best practice. All of this ensures that we continue to work towards our values including ‘Creating an awesome place to work’.
Responsibilities will include:
Delivery of a 1st class HR administration and first level advisory service across the business within agreed SLA’s on all areas within an employee life cycle including but not limited to:
· Maintenance of HR database & HR Administration processes
· Resolving employee and line manager queries, or escalate as appropriate
· Ensure that Streamline / Sharepoint is updated as appropriate
· All HR Administration processes are undertaken accurately and in a timely manner
· Support the annual pay review, bonus and other projects or associated administrative processes as required.
· Manage Long Service Awards administration.
· Support Graduate & Apprentice Administration requirements
· Support L&D Administration requirements
· Undertake payroll and benefits administration as required
· Managing the archiving and electronic filing processes as well as distribution of post
· Management of all HR Administration related documentation and employee lifecycle process documentation ensuring end to end process maps are maintained.
· Liaison with or escalation to Senior HR Advisers, Operational Excellence, 3rd party suppliers and senior internal stakeholders
Your rotation placements will allow you to develop the skills and experience that you’ll require to become an expert here, either through working in operational teams or on technical projects. During this time, you’ll combine on-the-job learning with formal, nationally recognised development training modules and have the opportunity to gain a CIPD Level 5 qualification.
To help you drive and own your career progression, we’ll provide you with Personal Development Plan. This will be set and agreed with your line manager and reviewed regularly to inform your quaterly performance reviews.
What we're looking for
Our solicitor apprenticeship is available to people with:
- 5 GCSEs, including Mathematics & English - grade C or above (or equivalent);
- 3 A Levels (or equivalent) - minimum grade C
- Level 3 Human Resources apprenticeship or equivalent qualification or work based training.
Due to the high application numbers recieved for this role we are now closed for new applications for 2018.