Solicitor - Degree Apprenticeship - Closed
We live in a fluid world and we’re a FTSE 100 company moving with the current, our vision is to become the UK’s leading water company. Achieving it will take, what we call, Fluid Thinking. As an Apprentice Solicitor you’ll get a unique insight into the way one of the UK’s biggest businesses functions, as well as how we adapt to rapid, large-scale changes.
We are offering a unique opportunity to qualify as a solicitor following a six-year degree apprenticeship programme of work-based learning and part-time study.
This role has responsibility for helping the Severn Trent Legal team in providing legal advice to our colleagues in the business through:
- Acting ethically, with professionalism and judgement
- Progressing legal matters and transactions;
- Applying legal knowledge and commercial judgement to produce solutions which meet the business’ needs and achieving our commercial goals
- Deploying the full range of legal skills - research, interviewing and advising, advocacy, negotiation, drafting, communicating orally and in writing;
- Establishing and maintaining effective and professional relationships with colleagues and other people
- Managing yourself and your own work effectively.
The apprenticeship training is delivered by our partner Law School, where we will support you with paid time off to attend classes together with study leave for assessments.
In the workplace, you will carry out supervised work-based learning in order to meet the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) competence statement and will produce a work-based assessment portfolio. In addition to examinations throughout the apprenticeship, there will also be an SRA centralised assessment that you will need to pass to qualify as a solicitor.
Qualification is based on assessment from theSolicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) and will result in the award of aqualifying law degree (LLB).
On successful completion of your apprenticeship you will move into an appropriate non-apprentice Solicitor role in Severn Trent.
To find out more about the Degree Apprenticeship Standard - Solicitor -Click here!
What we're looking for
Our solicitor apprenticeship is available to people with:
- 5 GCSEs, including Mathematics & English - grade C or above (or equivalent);
- 3 A Levels (or equivalent) - minimum grade C
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in a relevant occupation - Business
Administration, Legal Services, Providing Financial Services;
- Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship in a relevant occupation - Legal Services, Professional Services, and Providing Financial Services (may be entitled to exemptions from training);
- Paralegal Apprenticeship (may be entitled to exemptions from training);
- Legal Executive Apprenticeship (may be entitled to exemptions from training);
- Law Degree/ Graduate Diploma in Law / Legal Practice Course (entitled to exemptions from training).
Due to the high application numbers recieved for this role we are now closed for new applications for 2018.